Sunday, September 14, 2008

SOME DAY MAYBE........

To start things off i guess I'll post some pre-production art from an animated film that never got to be animated. The following is some conceptual artwork for a animated short about second rate wrestlers that never made it to the big leagues. I dropped this idea to make way for a much larger project, which I will get into more a little bit later










This cartoon was meant to spoof the the popular wrestling icons of the 70's, 80's and 90's and some other pop culture references too. From left to right we have MAX MERCURY aka the BAD DUDE. Next is The Green Bastard obvious reference to the Trailer Park Boys. The guy with the chains is named Darren, which is a reference to a Ren & Stimpy episode. The French Poodle, which would be the complete opposite of the British Bulldog.











here are some more conceptual characters I made up, playing the on the obvious stereo types used in professional wrestling and some not so obvious ones, like the WALL-MART ASSOCIATE.












The film was going to be my 2D animation final film, but since there was a one minute limitation on the length of the film, I felt it would have been nearly impossible to develop the two main characters. Each character had there own unique gimmick and I cant do the film justice in only one minute. So I'm gonna put this one on the shelf for now maybe one day the wrestlers of WORLD WIDE WRESTLING will come to life.

1 comment:

Jeff G Deutsch said...

Man I knew you were BAD and FUNNY but I didn't know you were THIS GOOD.

Damn man, how can you tease us like this, hurry up and finish the damn film!

-Jeff/Leroy